Making just a few changes in your lifestyle can help you live longer.
A recent study found that four bad behaviors—smoking, drinking too much alcohol, not exercising, and not eating enough fruits and veggies—can hustle you into an early grave, and, in effect, age you by as many as 12 years. Fortunately, you can do something to correct these and other unhealthy behaviors.The following steps will help you feel better and live better:
- Get regular exercise and control your weight.
- Don't smoke.
- Do not drink a lot of alcohol. Avoid alcohol completely if you have a history of alcoholism.
- Use the medicines your health care provider gives you as directed.
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet.
- Take care of your teeth.
- Manage high blood pressure.
- Follow good safety practices.